Ready for some summer retail therapy and looking to celebrate Father’s Day weekend a little differently this year? The Expat Fair’s Amazing Summer Fair is starting today, June 16, at Novotel Singapore on Stevens, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Shop for one-of-a-kind items from vendors selling arts and crafts, jewelry, home décor, furniture, and stationery – and pick up something special for dad along the way! There will also be plenty of fringe activities planned throughout the day to spoil mums, dads, and the kiddos.
Unique vendors galore:
- Eminient Mien: Check out their cool copper water bottles that also have Ayurveda, detox, and weight loss benefits. Snap up some steel tumblers with psychedelic prints – the perfect accessory to brighten up dad’s office desk.
- Hanoi Art: If dad is an art aficionado, these breath-taking Vietnamese paintings (each with a hidden backstory) will catch his eye and earn their place on the walls of his study.
- A Vintage Tale: Get dad to go retro (he’ll love it!) with a vintage mandarin-collar shirt. Ladies, don’t forget to grab some for yourself as well. They have everything from sweaters, skirts, jackets and even Tartan suits.
- Artifella Design: Artifella Design brings in its popular Colatotte range of products. Both stylish and full of health benefits, these products are made from anisotropic permanent magnets which help to improve blood circulation and relieve body stiffness. Available as wristbands, knee and elbow guards and even pillows, regular contact with this special magnet helps to manage body pain, boost your energy levels, reduce joint inflammations and improve quality of sleep and mental concentration. Dad will feel like a new man thanks to Artifella Design!
- Bells and Birds: Handsewn silk and lace robes, delicate to the touch and luxurious to wear. Each one-of-a-kind piece takes up to six hours to complete. There’s also a special range of pajamas just for men and kids!
- ManualMente: Handmade earrings, necklaces, woven bags and straw hats, made from ceramic, velvet or silk, with a hint of Italian culture and tradition.
- Helping Hands Penan: Sturdy straw bags, baskets, and mats, handwoven by Penan women in Sarawak, Malaysia. Practical for everyday use and as gifts, all proceeds go to creating economic sustainability for the Penan tribe, supporting their kids’ education and empowering the women.
Fun, free family fringe activities
Done with your shopping? Now stay for the exciting fam-friendly fringe activities and special goodies…
- Get your caffeine fix: Free-flow coffee all day
- Spoil your man: Free tapas tasting (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.), followed by a mixology smoked cocktail tasting (2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Keep the kiddos busy: Free live caricature sketching (2 p.m. to 4 p.m.). Get there early so you won’t be stuck in the queue!
- Enjoy a family meal before you head home: Receive F&B vouchers offering 25 percent off your bill at Novotel’s Winestone and Food Exchange outlets.