Whether in the form of street stalls, much-awaited openings, Michelin-starred menus, renowned chefs visiting, or accolades, Bangkok just never sleeps when it comes to food.
On March 13, a group of chefs from across the globe along with local talent gathered at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok to celebrate the first Bangkok International Taste Experience (BITE) food forum to cook, feed, and discuss the future of global gastronomy. Chefs debated on a range of issues, with a moderated panel and an open invitation for questions from the audience.
Among the illustrious international kitchen talent who attended were:
- Gert De Mangeleer from three Michelin-starred Hertog Jan, Bruges, Belgium
- Josean Alija from one Michelin-starred Nerua, Bilbao, Spain
- Cristina Bowerman from one Michelin-starred Glass Hostaria, Rome, Italy
- Martina Caruso from one Michelin-starred Signum, Salina, Italy
- Takeshi Fukuyama from La Maison de la Nature Goh, Fukuoka, Japan
And among Thailand’s best, BITE featured:
- Gaggan Anand from two Michelin-starred Gaggan
- Arnaud Dunand Sautier from two Michelin-starred Le Normandie, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
- Thomas and Mathias Sühring from one Michelin-starred Sühring
- Tim Butler from Eat Me
- Arnie Marcella from Bunker
- Thitid “Ton” Sassanakajohn from Le Du
- John Becker from Ezenzi
- Duangporn “Bo” Songvisava and Dylan Jones from Bo.Lan
- Prin Polusk, former head chef of Nahm London and Bangkok
- Arisara “Paper” Chongphanitkul from Issaya
Check out Lookeast’s video review at the top of this page!