Gastronauts Asia will present a brand-new global food forum in Bangkok, this Thursday. Women in Gastronomy (WIG) will take place on March 8 at The Sukhothai Bangkok, showcasing an array of the world’s most acclaimed female chefs from Thailand and beyond.
Suitably, this empowering event falls on International Women’s Day 2018.
The culinary gathering will bring together over a dozen of the world’s leading female chefs for a full-day conference featuring chef talks, presentations, panel discussions and, of course, plenty of eating!
All the participating chefs have had their respective restaurants recognized globally, whether they’ve been awarded a coveted Michelin star, or been included in local or worldwide rankings such as Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants.
Among the international kitchen talent already confirmed to appear are:
- Ana Ros from Hisa Franko, Kobarid, Slovenia (she currently holds the title of “World’s Best Female Chef”
- Cristina Bowerman from the Michelin-starred Glass Hosteria in Rome, Italy
- Martina Caruso from the Michelin-starred Hotel Signum on Salina Island, Italy.
Meanwhile WIG will also feature a line of Bangkok’s best, among them:
- Nooror Somany-Steppe from Blue Elephant
- Duangporn “Bo” Songvisava from Bo.lan
- Garima Arora from Gaa
- Phatchara “Pom” Pirapak from Saneh Jaan
- Saki Hoshino from 80/20
- Chudaree “Tam” Debhakam from Top Chef Thailand
- Jutamas “Som” Theantae from Karmakamet
Besides being a culinary forum to promote and empower women in food, beverage, and hospitality, the gathering will double as a long-format, 12-course gourmet luncheon, in which guest chefs will each prepare and present one dish for participants to taste, while they also share a personal backstory behind the dishes.
In between dishes, appearances will include a keynote speech by Ana Ros and a special presentation by renowned journalist Maria Canabal entitled “Driving Gender Balance in Kitchens.”
Special networking breaks/cooking demos will be hosted by the female chefs at both Celadon and La Scala restaurants, and the conclusion of the day will be a cocktail reception for all chefs and participants at The Zuk Bar.
Get your tickets here.
Where: The Sukhothai Bangkok
When: March 8, 2018
How much: THB 3,500 per person including access to all sessions, networking breaks, 12-course luncheon, and cocktail party.