Blending the elegance of a Tuscan villa and the warmth of a countryside kitchen, Brio, the traditional Italian restaurant at Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, will be hosting “A Taste of Sicily,” a wine and dine soirée that will take place May 23, 2018, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Inspired by the celebration of distinctive gastronomy and the convivial spirit of Italy’s southernmost region, this journey will take place through a moveable feast of live chef stations offering authentic Sicilian dishes, paired with Sicilian wines.
- Arancino di Riso alla Sicilian antipasti, rice balls with ragu (meat and tomato sauce), mozzarella, and peas, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried
- Polipo Patate, Pomodorini, Fagiolini e Olive, slow-steamed octopus with cherry tomatoes, green beans, and olives
- Rigatoni alla Sicilian, rigatoni pasta, eggplant, fire-roasted tomatoes, and smoky mozzarella cheese
- Braciola di Maiale alla Griglia con Caponata di Verdure, a salad of Sicilian eggplant, celery, and capers in sweet and sour sauce
- Cannoli alla Siciliana, a tube-shaped fried pastry dough filled with a sweet and creamy filling of ricotta fruit candies, chocolate, and Bronte pistachio
The pairing of these dishes will be done by Feudo Maccari, a 100-hectare winery which is home to old vines of Nero d’Avola, located at the hills near Noto, in southeast Sicily, among fertile volcanic soil and a sun-drenched climate.
The selection of wines include:
- Grillo Feudo Maccari 2015
- Rosé Nero D’Avola 2016
- Saia 2014
- Maharis 2014
When: May 23, 2018, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: Brio, Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort, 257/1-3 Charoen Nakhon Road, Bangkok
How much: THB 2,490++ per person. Early bird bookings made before May 11 get a 20 percent discount.
More info:+66 2 4760022 ext 1416, email@example.com