The top floor of Sathorn Square Building in the exclusive Sathorn area of Bangkok paid witness to the grand opening gala for the contemporary Japanese dining Koi Restaurant, and the brand-new Club Koi in April.
Highlights of the evening were:
- Japanese food and free flow wine and cocktails were provided courtesy of Rick and Ron Sikder, the businessmen behind the Lifestyle Koi group.
- The event was designed by Sara Kondal events and showcased live dance, live music, and a catwalk show of flamboyant pieces from the Gianni Versace Retrospective collection, curated by Brazilian Versace collector Alexandre Stefani.
- Jazz vocalist Wojciech Myrczek, a laureate of numerous jazz vocal competitions, including Shure Montreux Jazz Voice Competition in 2013 wowed the crowds with his voice.
- Anna Youya Jujka, chief choreographer of You Can Dance Poland and a judge on Got To Dance Poland stunned the audience with a performance.
- Miguel Czachowski, flamenco guitar player, drew the guests to silence as he played a hybrid of flamenco and Indian style music whilst Anna Youya Jujka danced once more.
Since its inception in Los Angeles in 2002, Koi has opened branches in New York, Las Vegas, and Abu Dhabi. Building on the success of the L.A. restaurant—which became the talk-of-the-town amongst Hollywood’s glitterati, including stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Madonna, and Jennifer Lopez—brothers Nick, Ron, and Rick Haque Sikder opened Koi’s first Bangkok outlet in the Sukhumvit area in 2005.
Now Koi launched its newest outlet at Sathorn Square, boasting a nature-inspired design that is separated into two distinct areas of dining and lounging, while offering guests outstanding views of the Thai capital’s skyline.
Elevating the Koi brand to the next level, Koi also launched the Club Koi. Connected to the restaurant, the Club Koi allows you to continue the night’s celebrations with a stunning birds-eye view of Bangkok from 39 floors up.
The grand opening of Koi Restaurant and the Club Koi was graced by 1100 guests; including ambassadors, diplomats, celebrities, supermodels and some of Thailand’s most prominent and elite businessmen, and personalities. The launch kicked off with a speech by Sara Kondal from Event by SK for the grand gala
More info: www.koirestaurantbkk.com/sathorn