The leading summer event in Paris for the past 30 years, the elegant and secret dinner party, Le Dîner en Blanc, is well on its way to Singapore for the 6th edition as the epicurean event of the year!
Every year in cities around the globe, thousands of people dressed entirely in white will assemble at a secret landmark, equipped with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, table décor, flowers, and white tablecloth. And on Saturday, May 12, 2018, Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore will take place at a secret location.
“Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore 2017 was a tremendous success and we owed it all to the attending guests, volunteers, and team who made it possible,” says Guillaume Chabrières, Co-host, Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore. “Over the years, we have seen a rise in the number of guests interested in being part of this exciting yearly event. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Le Dîner en Blanc, and we plan to make the Singapore event one of the biggest celebrations outside of Paris.”
Participation to this event happens in three stages:
- Phase 1 is for members from the previous year
- Phase 2 is for guests referred by Phase 1 members
- Phase 3 is for people who are new to the event and have signed up on the waiting list. To have a chance to experience this night, people are invited to sign up now at singapore.dinerenblanc.com/register
Over the course of the evening, guests will feast and celebrate amidst live music and dance. Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore offers guests an occasion to express their unique fashion and style; often in elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings for a night of fabulous spectacle.
“We are honored to host Le Dîner en Blanc in Singapore once again and be part of this global epicurean phenomena. The event is now an eagerly-anticipated culinary event of the year. Guests can expect the experience and live entertainment to be again very special. This year, we hope to attract more than 2,000 guests to join in this wonderful pop-up dining experience that is celebrated in almost 80 cities worldwide,” says Alexis Lohyer, Co-host, Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore.
“Le Dîner en Blanc is more than just an epicurean experience. The event promises to be both picturesque and memorable, as friends, families, and the local community come together for one evening only; and indulge in an elegant meal under the stars dressed to the nines, in all white, no less. Le Dîner en Blanc is a celebration of life, friendships, and community spirit through team effort, good food, and great hospitality,” adds Jasmine Tuan, Co-host, Le Dîner en Blanc – Singapore.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: Elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: All white! Be creative!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. As per Singapore’s alcohol laws and regulations, guests are not allowed to bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne at the event must purchase online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store prior. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the secret location is kept undisclosed until the last minute, guests are to meet at assigned departure locations and will be escorted by Le Dîner en Blanc volunteers.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litters.Guests are required to bring:
- A table (70cm x 70cm), two white chairs, white tablecloth, white napkins, and biodegradable trash bag in white preferably.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
More info: singapore.dinerenblanc.com