Have a thing about fresh seafood? The Oyster Bar is one of those niche restaurants that won’t disappoint those who know their food.
It specializes in fresh and live seafood and shellfish – all imported, sustainable, and no farmed fish – and features an impressive menu of 28 types of oysters, among them:
- Atlantic: Rappahonnock, Chincoteaque, Stingray, Chesapeake Bay
- Northern Japanese: Graham Point, Harstine Island, Fanny Bay, Shigoku, Miyagi, Imperial Eagle, Nootka Sound, Eagle Rock, Samish Bay, Totten Inlet, Wild Cat Cove, Flapjack Point, Barron Point, Nisqually Sound, Little Skookum Inlet, Church Point, Calm Cove, Hammersley Inlet, Pickering Passage
- Pacific: Olympia
- Portuguese: Kushi
- Southern Japanese: Kumamoto
- The European Flat: Belon
- The Honshu: Iwagaki
For those who would like to try the goodness of the fresh seafood in simple dishes, the menu offers:
- Starters like New England clam chowder, seafood bruschetta on garlic bread, and crispy calamari with tartar sauce
- Shellfish dishes, among them, scallop sashimi, Penn Cove mussels, with tomato or white wine sauce, and Alaskan King crab leg (one of their staples) with aioli, or warm with drawn French butter
- Pastas and risottos
- And, of course, the fresh fish of the day (among them Alaskan King Crab tenderloin, Alaskan True Cod, Balinese Sea Bream and Emperor, Hawaiian Opaka Paka, and Canadian Wild Sockeye Salmon) served with your choice of side dish.
A varied selected of white wines were aptly chosen to pair the menu, including varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Muscadet, Alvarinho, and Riesling, many of them offered by the glass. Or you can also take your favorite bottle to the restaurant (corkage fee is THB 800 per bottle).
You wouldn’t want to spoil such a feast of natural flavors with anything else other than fresh fruit for dessert… OK, you should also try their chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream.
Where: 395 Narathiwas Soi 24, Bangkok
Hours: Monday to Saturday 6–11 p.m.; Sunday lunch 12–2:30 p.m. and dinner 5:30–10 p.m.
Bookings: +66 2 212 4809
More info: www.theoysterbarbangkok.com
Watch the video at the top of this post for more!