BANGKOK, Thailand, July 25, 2013 – The Honig Wine Dinner at Millennium Hilton Bangkok’s famed steak restaurant Prime on 28 August promises to be a much-talked-about event in wine circles.
In the first place, the one-night-only wine dinner is to be an exclusive event for 50 diners, and secondly, the Honig brand from Napa valley is a wine with a difference. Having only been producing wine since 1981, the brand began as a small ‘garage’ winery, and has today become a successful family enterprise, with everyone working collaboratively to run an inspiring and socially responsible business. Winemaker Kristin Belair focuses production solely on Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon, and Honig wines can be found on the wine lists of hundreds of fine restaurants.
Priced at THB 3,200++ a head, the Wine Dinner at Millennium Hilton’s PRIME restaurant comprises fives courses:
- A PASS AROUND spread, comprising Fried Pizza with Marinara Sauce; Soft White Polenta, Baby Shrimps and Parsley; and Crispy Yesterday Roast Polpette
- The ALMOST RAW course brings with it the first wine of the evening: Honig Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, while guests can sink their teeth into the delicately prepared Japanese Sea Scallops, served with Lychee and Mango Tartar, Honey and Ceviche Vinaigrette.
- Next comes the BARELY TOUCHED course, comprising Burrata and Egg ‘Mimosa’ Raw Salmon Ravioli, Potato and Rosemary Espuma, ‘Bottarga’, and served with Honig Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
- It is now time for the main WOOD BURNED course, comprising sumptuous Tajima Wagyu Beef Tournedos, Bone Marrow and Portobello Mushroom Salad, Mashed Parsnip, Shallot and Thyme Parisienne Potatoes, and Madeira and Veal Jus Reduction. Guests can wash this down with a nice glass of Honig Bartolucci Cabernet Sauvignon, the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- There is only one way to end such a delicious feast, and that is with the FRAGRANT course, comprising our famed Apple Tart, with Red Berries, Double Vanilla Ice Cream and Crème Chantilly, and served with a delicious light Honig late harvest Sauvignon Blanc.
For a wine dinner with a difference, join us for this exclusive meal at PRIME, at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok.